The Harvard Film Archive will present Still Journey On The Films of Robert Gardner October 15 November 8. Mr. Gardner will appear in person October 29 for book release party for Just Representations and following screening of new work.
- Friday October 15 at 7pm Rivers of Sand Friday October 15 at 9pm Dead Birds
- Friday October 29 at 7pm New Work and Forsaken Fragments, Director Robert Gardner in Person
- Saturday October 30 at 7pm Artist Films, Director Robert Gardner in Person
- Sunday October 31 at 7pm Ika Hands and The Nuer Monday November 1 at 7pm Marathon and Deep Hearts
- Monday November 8 at 7pm Forest of Bliss and Blunden Harbor
Please visit the Harvard Film Archive website for more detailed information.
At the invitation of Cuba’s EICTV, Robert Gardner was their guest from March 19-26. He was brought to the Academy as a visiting professor to engage with students in the Documentary section of their curriculum. He presented films by Stan Brakhage, Maya Deren, Peter Hutton, Robert Fulton, Hilary Harris, Les Blank and Vlatko Gilic. Of his own work he showed Dead Birds, Rivers of Sand, Forest of Bliss, Ika Hands and Deep Hearts as well as a number of Screening Room DVDs.
His visit included many hours of consultation with 2nd and 3rd year students heading out to make films of their own. The school teaches fiction as well as documentary. Sound recording and editing is also taught. The school is equipped with Final Cut Pro facilities which permits a high level involvement in editing.
Occasionally the school invites directors for relatively short periods of time. Before Gardner those invited included Francis Ford Coppola, Werner Herzog and Mike Leigh. Several films of real merit as films have been made by the students at this school and shown in festivals throughout the world. Visit the EICTV website: www.eictv.org
Robert Gardner has been documenting the installation of Christian Boltanski’s MONUMENTA exhibition at the Grand Palais, Paris. Read more about the project here.